Tuesday, February 6, 2007

My life, currently

I read a lot of different blogs throughout the day. Celebrity gossip blogs, mommy blogs, weight loss blogs, blogs by people much cooler than me, blogs by people that I am much cooler than. The one thing I try to avoid is writing about is my day to day life. Mainly because my day to day life is just that... the same everyday. I don't have any children to humiliate online (and believe me, when I do, I most definitely will), I don't really have a social life, I sleep about 12 hours a day and when I am not at home, I am working. That does not leave much to blog about and I do not want to bore my faithful readers (I'm talking to you, lone man in Iowa). Maybe someday it'll be a plural, for real...
With all that nothing that I do everyday, I am fucking exhausted. It is 1:05 am and I just got home from work. I have been awake for only 11 hours, with 9.5 hours of sleep. This feeling can be attributed to a variety of reasons. My diet sucks, I do not exercise or have a regular sleep schedule and I am depressed. My depression isn't outstanding or even noticeable to anyone except for me. At this moment I do not feel sad or upset. My depression has manifested itself into physical exhaustion. I am sure it is exacerbated because of the chilling winter months. Getting out of bed is not only tiresome, it is painful. I find this condition to be so embarrassing and I feel like I am wasting my life. I want more to want more for myself, I just do not know how to get there.
So that is why I am enlisting a team of professionals to help me.
My blog is entitled Leveling Out In Mediocrity for a reason. That is what I am doing, just getting by. Ignoring the pain and depression. And my way of ignoring it is sleeping like it is an Olympic sport.
Unfortunately, I do not have the finances to hire a personal assistant or drill sargent to follow my ass around. This is going to require some effort on my part. A lot of effort. I do not even want to post this blog because I feel like it will obligate me to something I am unsure that I can actually do.
My goal for tomorrow is to make an appointment with a psychologist and a family doctor.
I want to approach this from a physical and psychological aspect. Because it's time.

No comments: